Recently, Godeke Consulting partnered with the General Service Foundation to publish a report on how mission-aligned investment advisors are thinking about racial, gender and economic justice. This report , No Small Change: Using Our Assets to Drive Racial, Gender and Economic Justice, provides five key takeaways that recognize the importance of:
- Asset owners being fully aligned internally across mission, values and investments;
- Asset owners using their voice individually and collectively;
- Advisors’ capacity to innovate and create investments that reflect the asset owner’s mission and goals;
- Advisors and asset owners taking action while simultaneously building the field; and
- Changing the system, not just the actors, e.g. diversity of managers is necessary but not sufficient.
Sonen Capital was one of 35 organizations that provided information and data used to produce the report. There is a broad desire to integrate racial, gender and economic justice among the foundation community, and this report serves as a thoughtful resource for organizations seeking to advance on those goals. Read the report, No Small Change: Using Our Assets to Drive Racial, Gender and Economic Justice here.