SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Sonen Capital is a specialized asset management firm that seeks both competitive financial returns as well as social and environmental sustainability on behalf of its clients. We are looking for an Impact Intern with strong attention to detail, a commitment to continuous learning, and a desire to exceed our clients’ expectations.
The Impact Intern will work closely with the Impact Research Associate and the Impact Team to assist with qualitative and quantitative data collection and reporting for Sonen’s investment strategies– including a public equity portfolio, a multi-strategy portfolio, a real assets portfolio, and a private equity portfolio. The Intern will be tasked primarily with assisting with quarterly and annual report writing and proofing, and will be invited to support other projects based on availability and interest.
This role will be tasked with the following functions:
- Researching and updating information on individual investments
- Researching and writing information on thematic impact sectors, across social and environmental issues
- Classifying investments by impact theme
- Ad hoc projects
The ideal candidate is interested in learning about impact measurement and management across asset classes, and possesses the following skills:
- Strong writing ability
- Enjoys research on issues of sustainability and impact
- Brings curiosity and creativity to their work
- Is able to work independently once given direction
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office suite
- Basic familiarity with financial markets (public and private)
- Familiarity with the field of impact investing and reporting is a plus
- Data management skills or interest is a plus
Compensation and Benefits
- Unpaid; Sonen can facilitate gaining academic credit through experiential learning
- 10-15 hours per week.
- Virtual, company based in San Francisco, CA
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sonen is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We seek to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN JOINING US PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME TO [email protected]