Sonen’s PRI Scorecard
Sonen Capital has been a signatory to the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) since 2014. The PRI is a framework that brings together investors, clients, and beneficiaries to work towards sustainable markets that achieve more than financial returns. Through reporting, PRI aims to understand the investment implications of ESG factors to better support the network of signatories incorporating the factors into their investment and ownership decisions. By incorporating ESG issues and reporting their activities, the over 4,000 signatories receive scores from which to benchmark, learn from their implementation and effectiveness, and set goals for improvement.
Each year, as part of our obligation as a signatory, Sonen completes a rigorous report on our sustainable investing practices and policies. PRI then returns an evaluation of our reporting and rates our firm relative to our peers.
- Sonen Capital earned a 70 in Investment Stewardship, which reflects our well thought out formal policies on our approach to responsible investment. We continue to formulate new guidelines and strengthen existing elements on environmental, social and governance factors.
- Sonen Capital received an 88 for Indirect Listed Equity Active Ownership, well above the median score for other asset managers.
- Our Indirect Fixed Income Active Ownership score of 76 indicates that the criteria for manager selection and reporting is what propelled the score well above the median.
We will continue to evolve our practices as noted above and we remain committed to investment solutions that can help alleviate the global challenges of our time. Below are Sonen’s scores on the 2021 PRI assessment score card in comparison to our peers.
As a signatory of eight years, Sonen Capital has committed to the support of the following six principles:
- Principle 1: We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- Principle 2: We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- Principle 3: We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- Principle 4: We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- Principle 5: We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- Principle 6: We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
PRI is an independent organization that does not operate for its own profit. It engages with policy makers but is not associated with any government. It is supported by, but not a part of, the United Nations. Sonen Capital encourages all investors to adopt the Principles.