Isabelle Hau Joins Sonen Capital’s Board of Directors

Isabelle Hau, Partner at Imaginable Futures and former Investment Partner at Omidyar Network, joins Sonen Capital's Board of Directors.

Tammie Arnold Joins Sonen Capital’s Board of Directors

Tammie Arnold, former Partner at Generation Investment Management and former Managing Director at the Pacific Investment Management Company (PIMCO), has joined Sonen Capital's Board of Directors.

Sonen Capital Crowned Best Responsible Investing/ESG Investing Firm at the FWR Awards 2020

Sonen Capital, one of North American’s foremost impact investing management firms was named ‘Best Responsible Investing/ESG Investing Firm’ at the 7th FAMILY WEALTH REPORT Awards.

City of Buenos Aires Steals the Show in Global Impact Awards

Raul Pomares, founder of San Francisco-based Sonen Capital, which took home the Impact Asset Manager award, said it was “recognition that underscores the value that our investment approach and impact measurement and methodology are having for our clients and the impact investment industry”.

Sonen Capital Awarded Impact Asset Manager of the Year

From the main stage at the GSG Impact Summit, Sir Ronald Cohen, Chair of the Global Steering Group (GSG) for Impact Investment, congratulated Sonen Capital for winning its Impact Asset Manager of the Year award.

InFaith Community Foundation Selects ACG for its WomenInvest InFaith Portfolio

Advance Global Capital announced that its investment strategy has been selected by InFaith Community Foundation’s WomenInvest InFaith Portfolio. The Portfolio invests with sound stewardship to achieve at or above market returns and enhance the impact of charitable assets.

A Year of Impact — Personal Reflections

About a year ago, Lisa and I published our Family Foundation’s latest impact report, in partnership with New Philanthropy Capital and Sonen Capital: ‘In pursuit of deep impact and market-rate returns: KL Felicitas Foundation’s Journey.’ We demonstrated how to build a 100% impact portfolio with market-rate-returns — as measured over a 10-year period and with about half of the investments in thematic impact investments that contribute to solutions, i.e., deep impact investments.

Foundations should invest for impact

Foundations have trillions of dollars in assets but often only leverage 5 percent towards grant making that advances their mission. Just imagine what we could achieve if we leveraged the other 95 percent? Before embarking fully on this journey, we brought on Sonen Capital and intentionally created an inclusive learning and decision-making process.

Levi’s IPO plan puts its ‘good governance’ reputation in jeopardy

Levi Strauss & Co. prides itself on its corporate citizenship and gets high marks from outfits that rate firms based on “environmental, social and governance” criteria. So it was jarring to see the venerable jeans maker planning to go public with two share classes.